Friday, September 21, 2012

Coil Pot and Finished Pinch Pot




The pinch pot did turn out the way I wanted it to, but it was hard to make the curves as deep as I wanted them to be. Making the handle and the top symmetrical was also hard to do. It just took a lot of patience to get the pot to eventually shape the way I wanted to. I also had to score and slip some more clay onto the area where I originally scored and slipped the top to the bottom the surface even out. If I could change something on my pitcher, I would have spent more time on the handle because looking at it now there is a small dent on one of the edges.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at the Rubric that I gave you in the beginning of the year, this piece falls into a A- category. I am looking at: The use of Elements and Principles of design, Technical Skills, Conceptual Skills, Effort, and Creativity. We will look at the rubric together once piece has been glazed and fired again.

    ReplyDelete